Author Topic: replaying in Lix  (Read 3547 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
replaying in Lix
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
I didn't find anything in the readme's or anything on the website & it doesn't sound like anybody else has had this problem. Most of the replays I downloaded here don't work. Some of the replays that came with it don't either. Either  some kind of 'missing file' or incompatible message (its just a red line over the file) comes up. But the file is clearly there and looks fine to me. or the game  crashes when i press "play". Does it matter what folder there in? can anyone help?

EDIT:I didn't see somebody did answer my question to this (at least) partly in another topic.

EDIT: never mind, fixed it. sorry for wasting your time  :(
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: replaying in Lix
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
Yep, as you've probably read there, the level filenames matter. The canonical directory for the community pack levels is levels/single/lixlfpack/.

This system has its obvious flaws. Better approaches are saving the levels into the replays all the time, or inventing a hashing system.

-- Simon